Regional Transport Office
e-VAHAN & e-SARATHI :
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has introduced online-based citizen-centric applications VAHAN 4.0 and SARATHI 4.0 under digitization to ease the processes. e-services covering modules like Issuing Road permits Issuing Vehicle Fitness certificates, Road Tax, Learner Licence, driving licenses, etc.
- e-Vahan link: https://parivahan.gov.in
- e-Sarathi link: https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in
- Motor Vehicles Procedure Manual (Forms and Office Procedure, Taxes and Fees, Offenses and Penalties): Download Manual & Forms
Brief Description of Citizen centric activities :
- Registration of all types of Motor Vehicles.
- Issuance of all types of Driving licenses.
- Issuance of Transfer of Ownership, HPA, HPT, CA, etc. for all types of vehicles.
- Issuance of all types of Route Permits for passenger-carrying vehicles.
- Issuance of all types of permits for Goods Vehicles i.e. Truck Permit / All Bengal / National Permit.
Success story :
- GATIDHARA Project: Gatidhara is a scheme of the Government of West Bengal administered by the Transport Department for employment of registered unemployed youth of the State in the transport sector. WBTIDCL is the implementing agency of the scheme. To grant subsidy to the beneficiary for purchasing any commercial vehicle. The rate of subsidy is 30% of the ex-showroom price of the vehicle subject to a maximum of Rs. 1 lac.
- NO OF CASES SANCTIONED (up to November 2019): 1112 Nos.
- CCTV Coverage: All counter of the MV Section Malda is under CCTV Surveillance.
- Identity Badges: All officers and staff of MV Section, Malda have got their Identity Badges from the Transport Department and everybody hangs their badges to the throat during office time.
- Help Desk & Citizen chattered: Help Desk in MV Section, Malda has been opened from 02-01-2018.