Nature of work
- Establishment of Nazarath Section including the function of DDO on behalf of D.M Collector, Malda.
- Maintenance of protocol matters as well as service hospitality of the guests including state guests.
- Maintenance of Pool cars garage and vehicles including allotment of daily duty of Pool vehicle drivers and issuing of Fuel to the vehicles.
- Servicing process including foreign process and collection of public demand.
- Maintenance of Collectorate Building, Circuit House, Dak Bungalow, Residential Bungalows of the District Magistrate, Addl. District Magistrate Sub-Divisional Office. The civil works of the Office of the District Magistrate Collector, the Bungalows, and the Guest House are looked after by the civil wing of the PWD. Likewise, the electrical works are done by the electrical wing of the PWD, Nezarath Section acts as the bridge between Collectorate Officials and the Engineering wings as stated above.
- Arrangement of District Level Meetings, Seminars, Workshop, and Conferences.
- Nezarath Section acts as the drawing and disbursing office on behalf of the District Magistrate Collector, for the 48 Group-D employees. Further all general and establishment matters including the appointment of Group-D employees, maintaining their Service Records and Accounts of General Provident Fund, transfer and posting are meticulously maintained in this section.
- Nezarath Section is entrusted with the responsibility of incurring expenditures related to office expenses, other charges, wages, etc. For a number of Heads of Accounts duty approved claims of agencies/suppliers/individuals are scrutinized……entered into the relevant pages of the contingency expenditure register according to the Head of Account in which the claims have been submitted. Subsequently, bills are prepared signed, and placed in the treasury through the bill transit register for encashment. In addition to the above, bills prepared by other drawing officers on behalf District Magistrate Collector are placed in the treasury through this section.
Name of Registers maintained in the Section
Cash Book (General District Magistrate Personal Ledger A/C), Bill Register, Bill Transit Register, G.P.F. Ledger of Gr. ‘D’, Allotment (General & District Magistrate Personal Ledger A/C), Issue Issued Register, Issue & Receipt Register, Attendance Register, Stock Register, Dead Stock Register, D.C.R. Book Register, Circuit House Booking Register, Drivers duty Register, Letter Despatch Register, Vehicle Repairing Register, Cheque issuing Register (P/L), Advice Register (P/L), Register of Movement of letters, Peon Book Register (Out Indoor)
Geographically, Malda district is situated at the midpoint of the state of west Bengal separated from South Bengal by the river Ganges. The district can be best described as the entry point to North Bengal because of its features as well as the rich cultural heritage and monuments scattered around the district.
The very feature makes Malda often frequented by VIPs and VVIPs being their favorite hall even while touring neighboring districts Consequently the Nazarath Section being the entrusted wing of the District Magistrate & Collector to cater hospitality remains busy almost around the clock for making arrangements in a befitting manner.
The affairs of the Nazarath Section are run under the supervision of the Nazarath Deputy Collector the oldest designation among the Dy. Collectors exception Sr. Dy. Collector. The Head Clerk called the Nazir is more of a section officer than a UDC and is chosen amongst the senior UDCs of the Collectorate and plays a pivotal role in interconnecting and liaison with the different wings of the Collectorate.