Self Help Group and Self Employment
- Implementation of Swami Vivekananda Swanirbhar Karmasanthan Prakalpa (SVSKP) to generate self-employment for unemployed youths.
- To provide an Interest Subsidy for Self Help Groups through the scheme namely West Bengal Swanirbhar Sahayak Prakalpa (WBSSP) to reduce the interest burden on loans obtained from Banks.
- To provide skill-up gradation training and Vocational Training in connection with the functional improvement of Self Help Groups and Self Employment Schemes.
- Organizing State Level and district-level Sabala Mela to open up avenues for marketing the products of self-employed.
- To create and maintain the Sustainable livelihood of Self Help Group members to eradicate poverty, a project named ‘Muktidhara’ has been launched.
- Construction of training-cum-marketing complexes (Karmartirtha) to facilitate training to Self Help Groups with skill development and for the marketing of their products.
- Policy formulation and coordination including institutional finance of all works relating to Self-help groups and Self Employment Schemes.
- The flagship scheme “Swami Vivekananda Swanirbhar Karmasansthan Prakalpa (SVSKP)” was formulated to create self-employment opportunities for unemployed youth including members of backward classes, minorities, and women.
- Unemployed youths on fulfillment of certain criteria are facilitated to start individual or group enterprises with bank finance.
- Maximum Govt. subsidy of Rs 1.5 lakh for individuals and Rs 3.5 lakh for groups of five and above representing 30% of the project cost is provided by. West Bengal Swarojgar Corporation Ltd. (WBSCL), is a Nodal Agency, with components of 65% Bank loan and 5% own contribution.
Any individual entrepreneur or a group (05 persons or more than 05 persons) of entrepreneurs preferably registered with any employment exchange of the State and whose family income (respective family income of individual member in cases of a group) does not exceed Rs. 15000/- per month and, who intend(s) to generate income by setting up any viable unit of industry, trades, services etc. or receiving or improving an existing unit, will be eligible under this scheme.
Age limit: Unemployed youths’ means any person who is not gainfully employed and is within the age of 15 – 45 years as of the date on which he or she makes an application for assistance under the scheme and preferably registered with any Employment Exchanged.
Where to Apply: The Application Form should be collected from the Block Office (BDO) in the case of residents of rural areas / Municipality office in case of residents of urban areas,
A copy of the completed Application Form should be submitted along with the Project. Age, residence, family income certificate, and Employment Exchange card should be added.
For more information contact: the District Self-Help Group and Self-Employment Office,
Gramunnayan Bhaban Collectorate compound Ground Floor, Malda Phone: 03512-223135