Malda Zilla Parishad is one of the oldest administrative establishments in the Malda district ever since the independence of India, directly reformed out of the ‘District Board’ under the control of the British Raj. Since 1978, this esteemed institution is situated at Netaji Subhash Road, Malda beside Malda District Court. However, the new building of Malda Zilla Parishad has been inaugurated in the year 2003 on the same premises. Since its inception, this autonomous organization has reputedly provided service to the rural population of Malda through the implementation of various developmental schemes of its own and Govt. endeavors, some of which are discussed below:
- Banglar Awas Yojana: The program Banglar Awas Yojana is running under Malda Zilla Parishad which aims at providing a pucca house with basic amenities to all houseless households and those households living in kutcha and dilapidated houses by 2022.
- Work responsibility of Engineering Cell: The Engineering Cell of Malda Zilla Parishad mainly executes various development and infrastructural work, such as the construction of roads, bridges, and buildings from different sources of funds, such as RIDF, PMGSY, State budget fund of P & RD Deptt. BADP, IB Village fund, SFC & FC etc. Besides these, the Zilla Parishad executes deposit works of various line departments, such as MA & ME, School Education, NBDD, Disaster Management, MSME, SHG & SE, and many others.
- SSK & MSK (Shishu Shiksha Kendra and Madhyamik Shiksha Kendra): The program is running under Malda Zilla Parishad under the supervision of Paschim Banga Rajya Shishu Shiksha Mission (PBRSSM). At present 610 nos. of SSKs and 108 nos. of MSKs are running in Malda. Different Govt. grants, such as school grants, maintenance grants, uniform grants, library grants, etc. for the learners have been sub-allotted through respective Panchayat Samities. Adequate teaching-learning materials (TLMs) are available in all SSKs and MSKs of the district.
- CHCMI (Community Health Care Management Initiative): The program is one of its kind running under Malda Zilla Parishad which deals with sensitization of different public health aspects among PRI bodies as well as developing a certain level of ownership within them to address different public health-related problems in rural areas with the aim to improve overall public health indicators of the district. A large number of Village Health Sanitation and Nutrition Committees (VHSNCs) have been formed at the Gram Samsad level under this program. As a part of curative service through this program, a total number of 78 AYUSH dispensaries under the West Bengal State Budget and National Health Mission (NHM) are running in the Gram Panchayats of the district.
- Operating Market Complex: At present 12 nos. of Market Complex are running under the supervision of Malda Zilla Parishad containing a total number of 572 allocable stalls and platforms.
- Operating Ferry Ghats: At present 21 nos. of Ferry Ghats are running under the supervision of Malda Zilla Parishad in 7 Panchayat Samitis of the district.
- Operating Cremation Ground and Issuance of Burning Certificates: The Zilla Parishad is presently operating a cremation ground in Sadullahpur, Englishbazar. Burning certificates are issued on the basis of application with supporting papers like medical certificate, certificate of people’s representative, and proper identification regarding crimination.
- Mela Licence: On the basis of meticulous scrutiny of the application received by different Mela Committees along with NOC from concerned IC/OC and BDO regarding the celebration of Mela, Malda Zilla Parishad issues a license for Mela.
Members of Malda Zilla Parishad General Body including Ex-officio Members